Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel 5.6.0 update boot issues
  • From: Ulf Bartholomäus <ub22@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 21:21:46 +0200
Hi Together,

Am Samstag, 4. April 2020, 14:01:03 CEST schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:
kernel-source (5.5.13 -> 5.6.0)

Short remark. I'm not sure if this is the right place but only to evaluate my
finding.

I've a Notebook with EFI secure and trusted boot of openSUSE tumbleweed (as
dual boot with existing Windows). Due to the fact, that I've a small USB stick
with openSUSE tumbleweed too, I started the USB stick on this PC and made the
update. After shutting down of this stick, I can't boot the openSUSE
tumbleweed on the integrated NVMe disk. Only there was an EFI error that it
can't find a booteable system.

Remark, I fixed it with "updating" the system with an tumbleweed install
stick.

Have anyone an idea, what can be wrong. Or how to fix this? So it seems that
the installed GRUB was defect.

Regards
Ulf