Re: [opensuse-factory] Run pre_checkin.sh scripts via a service
On Mon, 2020-04-06 at 11:45 +0200, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
For many of the pre_checkin.sh - containing packages it is often rather
simple to move to _multibuild; most pre_checkin.sh I'd seen only toggle
some flag at the beginning of a spec file, but otherwise have exact
copies of the spec. The only drawback here: you might make my life (and
I return yours) more miserable when we have to deal with separation in
rings (e.g: I can't split flavors between ring0 and ring1, so
multibuild is no option there; we have some logic to 'disable' a flavor
inside the ring if it's something we don't want to care for that much)

Hmmm ... my pre_checkin.sh does extract latest patch from a tar ball to
add this to the package version number ... and I do not think that
this can be done with _multibuild ... also not with the various scm services

Indeed, and I'm happy I wrote 'for many'; your usecase is indeed quite
specific and not coverable by any current service.

What would be an option though is to have a Version: %(some shell code)
that is getting the right version at build time. Not the best thing one
can do - but it might be an option here.

Cheers,
Dominique
< Previous Next >