[opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20200402 released!
  • From: Dominique Leuenberger <dimstar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2020 22:01:39 +0000

Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.

Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&version=Tumbleweed&build=20200402

Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug
on bugzilla.opensuse.org. For more information on filing bugs please
see https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports

Packages changed:
openssl (1.1.1d -> 1.1.1f)
openssl-1_1 (1.1.1d -> 1.1.1f)

=== Details ===

==== openssl ====
Version update (1.1.1d -> 1.1.1f)
Subpackages: libopenssl-devel

- Update to 1.1.1f release
- Update to 1.1.1e release

==== openssl-1_1 ====
Version update (1.1.1d -> 1.1.1f)
Subpackages: libopenssl-1_1-devel libopenssl1_1 libopenssl1_1-32bit
libopenssl1_1-hmac

- Update to 1.1.1f
* Revert the unexpected EOF reporting via SSL_ERROR_SSL
- refresh openssl-1.1.0-no-html.patch
- Update to 1.1.1e
* Properly detect EOF while reading in libssl. Previously if we hit an EOF
while reading in libssl then we would report an error back to the
application (SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL) but errno would be 0. We now add
an error to the stack (which means we instead return SSL_ERROR_SSL) and
therefore give a hint as to what went wrong.
* Check that ed25519 and ed448 are allowed by the security level. Previously
signature algorithms not using an MD were not being checked that they were
allowed by the security level.
* Fixed SSL_get_servername() behaviour. The behaviour of SSL_get_servername()
was not quite right. The behaviour was not consistent between resumption
and normal handshakes, and also not quite consistent with historical
behaviour. The behaviour in various scenarios has been clarified and
it has been updated to make it match historical behaviour as closely as
possible.
* Corrected the documentation of the return values from the EVP_DigestSign*
set of functions. The documentation mentioned negative values for some
errors, but this was never the case, so the mention of negative values
was removed.
* Added a new method to gather entropy on VMS, based on SYS$GET_ENTROPY.
The presence of this system service is determined at run-time.
* Added newline escaping functionality to a filename when using openssl dgst.
This output format is to replicate the output format found in the '*sum'
checksum programs. This aims to preserve backward compatibility.
* Print all values for a PKCS#12 attribute with 'openssl pkcs12', not just
the first value.
- Update bunch of patches as the internal crypto headers got reorganized
- drop openssl-1_1-CVE-2019-1551.patch (upstream)
- openssl dgst: default to SHA256 only when called without a digest,
not when it couldn't be found (bsc#1166189)
* add openssl-unknown_dgst.patch
- Limit the DRBG selftests to not deplete entropy (bsc#1165274)
* update openssl-fips_selftest_upstream_drbg.patch