Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE:LEAP:15.1 missing dependency /usr/bin/bash for testssl.sh
Hello,

Am Freitag, 3. April 2020, 23:42:43 CEST schrieb mararm:
On Friday, 2020-04-03 22:15:01 CEST Christian Boltz wrote:
Contrary to tumbleweed, bash in Leap 15.1 is only found at
/bin/bash
Ignoring the dependency and then fixing the shebang in
/usr/bin/testssl.sh
seems to work.

Usually my recommendation would be to open a bugreport (or a submit
request ;-) - the testssl.sh script needs to change the shebang to
/bin/bash when built for Leap 15.x or older.

However, this was so simple that I just submitted the fix myself ;-)

Thanks very much.

I just had a look at the patch and it made me curious.
What is wrong with
#!/usr/bin/env bash
as a shebang, why not keep it that way? It was exactly what I put into
/usr/bin/testssl.sh ;-)

/usr/bin/env bash has some disadvantages:
- it adds a level of indirection
- rpm requirement autodetection "breaks" (untested guess: the package
will require /usr/bin/env, but not bash)
- worst: the script might get a "random" bash (possibly /usr/local/bin/
bash) which is not expected by the packaged script, and might or might
not work

That's why packaged scripts should avoid /usr/bin/env and have the
interpreter in the shebang. (I'd have to search for it, but I'm quite
sure that our packaging guidelines and/or rpmlint discourage usage of
/usr/bin/env)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Nun, wenn man so einen schwachen Rechner hat, kann man halt nur
einen von beiden zur Zeit laufen lassen. Man braucht trotzdem beide.