[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2020/14
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

The week started with problems inside the openSUSE Tumbleweed
distribution (caught by QA, so no worries) and ended even worse: we
have some trouble on openQA since Thursday and many tests are failing.
The failures seem more to be related to openQA’s infrastructure though,
and not to openSUSE Tumbleweed. Nevertheless, we will not publish new
snapshots until QA is stable again. During this week we have thus only
released two snapshots: 0326 and 0331 (promised, no joke).

The snapshots contained these updates:

* Kubernetes 1.18.0
* Linux kernel 5.5.13
* Rust 1.41.1
* XFCE 4.14.2

The things being worked on are

* KDE Plasma 5.18.4.1
* Linux kernel 5.6.0
* Systemd 245: homed will not be enabled/offered just yet
* Poppler 0.86.1
* GNOME 3.34.5: last stable version from the 3.34 branch; this
supposedly still gets into Leap 15.2 (via SLE). After this, the team
can start focusing on GNOME 3.36.x; a maintained mozjs68 package is the
main blocker on this path though
* GNU Make 4.3: missing only a fix for daps
* Guile 3.0.2: breaks gnutls’ test suite on i586
* LLVM 10
* Qt 5.15.0 (currently beta2 being tested)
* Ruby 2.7 – possibly paired with the removal of Ruby 2.6
* GCC 10 as the default compiler
* Removal of Python 2: quite some progress done, but not fully there
yet

Cheers,
Dominique
  • No further messages