Re: [opensuse-factory] MultiKey/Compose strangeness after last TW update
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 13:02:34 +0100
Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Friday 2020-04-03 13:27, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

After the upgrade, in Emacs the MultiKey is just completely ignored and I get
"a instead. If I put focus on an XTerm, when pressing the right Alt key, a
weird Icon

That "weird icon" is actually the ibus input box with glyph U+2384 (which your
font does not have a glyph for - hence the substitute synthesized glyph with
digits 2,3,8,4 in it).

Ah, that explains things! Highly appreciated.
So it wasn't the standard system upgrade, but instead Zoom (which I needed to
install at the same time for home office) that pulled in ibus as I noticed.
Still not very intuitive that the box pops up just somewhere on the screen..

I'll dig around in the environment variables.