[opensuse-factory] MultiKey/Compose strangeness after last TW update
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 12:27:52 +0100

Hi list,

two days ago I did upgrade my home Tumbleweed machine from 20191216 to
20200325. Since this upgrade, I have issues with the compose key setup.

I have right Alt defined as MultiKey in .Xmodmap:
keysym Alt_R = Multi_key

An so far could (in any text field) use, e.g., Alt - " - a to get an umlaut-a.
(compose definitions are in .XCompose)

After the upgrade, in Emacs the MultiKey is just completely ignored and I get
"a instead. If I put focus on an XTerm, when pressing the right Alt key, a
weird Icon pops up somewhere on the screen (seems to be some last-remembered
location, so it's not neccessarily in the same window where focus is).
See attached gif (this is 4kB, so I guess that's OK).

The Compose then does work there, but of course the main place where I need it
is in the editor :(

I tried to figure out what is catching the input and/or where this behavior is
defined (shortcuts etc), but without success.
So any hints where to look are highly appreciated....

< Previous Next >