Re: [opensuse-factory] [openSUSE:Leap:15.2, Build 617.1] pulseaudio and systemd vs. setup-pulseaudio
01.04.2020 20:45, Takashi Iwai пишет:
On Wed, 01 Apr 2020 19:22:41 +0200,
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

01.04.2020 19:27, Manfred Hollstein пишет:
Hi there,

this is on build ID 617.1. I use the script setup-pulseaudio sometimes
to disable pulseaudio for a user session. This used to work without any
trouble (on Leap 15.1 at least), but today I still found two processes
running when logged in: "/usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize" and
"/usr/lib/pulse/gconf-helper". And indeed, running "pavucontrol" doesn't
hang/stop as it normally does when PA is disabled.

pavucontrol socket activates PA ...

%post
/sbin/ldconfig
%tmpfiles_create pulseaudio.conf
%{fillup_only -an sound}
if [ ! -f /etc/systemd/user/sockets.target.wants/%{name}.socket ]; then
echo "Switching PulseAudio activation using systemd user socket."
echo "Please log out from all sessions once to make it effective."
fi
%systemd_user_post pulseaudio.socket
if [ ! -f /etc/systemd/user/sockets.target.wants/%{name}.socket ]; then
# below should work once when preset is defined properly:
# /usr/bin/systemctl --no-reload --global preset pulseaudio.socket
mkdir -p /etc/systemd/user/sockets.target.wants
ln -s %{_userunitdir}/%{name}.socket
/etc/systemd/user/sockets.target.wants/%{name}.socket
fi

And if preset will ever support global user activation, it will be
impossible to disable it. systemd does not offer any possibility to
disable units enabled globally (in /usr/lib/systemd).

Yeah, actually it's a fallout at transition to the user socket from
the old autospawn invocation.

It's a bit ugly but changing /usr/lib/systemd/user/pulseaudio.service
like below should honor /etc/sysconfig/sound setup. OTOH, you should
be able to disable the systemd user setup easily, too, so I'm
hesitated for taking that...

The obvious question - why enabling/disabling socket is not done by
setup-pulseaudio? If someone wants to disable PA, it I expect it also
means stop activating it by socket, right?