Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the weeks 2020/11 & 12
Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar <dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

Last week I missed, for personal reasons, to write up the report. So,
slacking in one week means I have to catch up the other week. Of
course, you are all eager to hear/read what is happening in Tumbleweed.
In the period since covered, we have released 7 Snapshots (0305, 0306,
0307, 0309, 0311, 0312 and 0314). The major changes were:

* Linux kernel 5.5.7
* Python 3.8.2, with a lot of python modules being updated
* Mesa 20.0.1
* KDE Applications 19.12.3
* KDE Plasma 5.18.3

Thins currently being staged or close to be shipped:

* RPM: change of database format to ndb
* Linux kernel 5.5.10
* Qt 5.15.0 (currently betas being tested)
* Ruby 2.7 – possibly paired with the removal of Ruby 2.6

Please don't remove Ruby 2.6 just yet, last time I checked Vagrant had
trouble with Ruby 2.7 and I haven't had the time to fix any potential
failures yet.

* GCC 10 as the default compiler
* Removal of Python 2
* GNU Make 4.3