Re: [opensuse-factory] Poll of VirtualBox users
On 2020-03-20 07:38, Michal Kubecek wrote:
I'm pretty sure there are people who would object to mandatory
installation of strangely lincensed Oracle stuff so I would suggest such
script to be in a separate subpackage so that anyone could decide not to
have it. It could still be installed by default (majority of virtualbox
users seems to want it) but there should be an option to opt out.

Doesn't PUEL conflict with the use at work / in companies?
I'd suggest to avoid to automatically install such license trap
for those who do not know about or care explicitly.

I'm not a lawyer, but since the license is much different to
the other OSS packages, probably the user will at least have to
acknowledge it at installation time.

Have a nice day,
Berny