Re: [opensuse-factory] 15.2 beta update / mariadb problem
  • From: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 13:18:31 +0100
Gesendet: Montag, 16. März 2020 um 13:09 Uhr
Von: "Stefan Seyfried" <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-factory@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-factory] 15.2 beta update / mariadb problem

Am 16.03.20 um 11:46 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
On 16/03/2020 10.29, Stefan Seyfried wrote:

So what information would the mariadb maintainer need from me in a good
bugreport?

:-)

Well, IMO exactly what you wrote here would make a good bugreport. The
person that takes the bug would ask for whatever
more he needs.

On the receiving end of a bug report with as little concrete facts as I
provided yet, I would probably be not amused,
especially if it comes from an old-timer who should know how to create good
bug reports ;-)

I'm hoping for some hints like "you should provide /var/lib/mysql/foo.bar and
baz.log files".
You should add MariaDB version numbers (old and new one) and the ownCloud
version number, because that could be related to a special database and only
reproducable with a special version of ownCloud.

Best regards,
Sarah
--
Stefan Seyfried