[opensuse-factory] Brace for Impact: Python 3.8 in TW Snapshot 0309
Dear openSUSE Tumbleweed users,

It has been a long road, but we have reached the destination: Python
3.8 has been checked in to Factory after the Staging was finally
passed. We spent two more days working out a bunch of non-ring failures
as well, trying to make the switch as smooth as possible - and openQA
agrees with us: openSUSE Tumbleweed - Snapshot 20200309 will contain
python 3.8 and is currently in progress of being synced out to the
mirrors.

As this is a major jump, I'm (unfortunately) almost sure the update
won't reach you without you noticing it. There is potential for many
packages not being rebuilt (or rather, having failed to rebuild) - and,
depending on what you have installed, zypper dup might ask you to
eliminate some packages that are no longer compatible (could be also
coming from 3rd party repos, that did not yet rebuild against python
3.8)

So, please be careful with your next zypper dup and if there are
breakages happening, feel free to file bugs.

Cheers,
Dominique
< Previous Next >