Re: [opensuse-factory] new package submission proposal: seafile-client
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:17:45 +0100
Hello Paolo,

Am Dienstag, 10. März 2020, 08:55:36 CET schrieb Paolo Stivanin:

I've been maintaining in OBS the seafile-client package and all its
deps[1] for quite some time. This is a FOSS alternative to Dropbox that
I've been using myself for years now (it's self-hostable).

The source code of seafile-client and all its deps resides under the
"haiwen" org in Github[2] and the project is currently active and
maintained.

I'm writing this e-mail because I'd like to submit seafile-client and
all its deps (ccnet, libsearpc, libzdb and seafile) to Factory.

As one of our previous board members wrote, openSUSE is a do-ocracy - those
who do decide.

There is no upfront approval process or similar, feel free to submit your
packages to Factory!

From a packaging point of view, the client and all its deps are easily
maintainable and don't require much effort even between major releases.
I think this would be a great inclusion in our distro because seafile is
a fast, lightweight and reliable alternative to proprietary sync software.

Sounds good!

Thank you
Axel