Re: [opensuse-factory] compiler options and boinc
On Saturday 2020-03-07 23:16, Frans de Boer wrote:

I noticed that when I compile boinc, it is always around 4x slower on the CPU
benchmarks then the version distributed by Tumbleweed. I do use '-O3
-funroll-loops -ffast-math' as specified on the boinc website.

Did somebody blindly grab something from the manpage without
understanding - and conveying to subsequent readers - the implications?

-funroll-loops:
"This option makes code larger, and may or may not make it run
faster."

(It does not say it explicitly, but "larger" leads to "slower" at a certain
point.)