Re: [opensuse-factory] TW partitioning propsal swap
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 12:19:17 +0100
Am Freitag, 6. März 2020, 11:20:02 CET schrieb Johannes Meixner:
And - if I understand things correctly - the swap disk space is needed
for what is called "hibernation" but not for what is caled "suspend"
but I am no expert in this area of subtle wording differences.

Correct - in case of suspend the status of the RAM is kept. hibernation dumps
it to the hard disk and allows switching the PC off completely. suspend still
uses little power.

Cheers
Axel