Re: [opensuse-factory] TW partitioning propsal swap
On 06/03/2020 00.08, Chris Murphy wrote:
On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 11:15 AM Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3/5/20 11:09 AM, ITwrx wrote:
On 3/5/20 11:06 AM, Axel Braun wrote:
Hi,
I'm just installing TW on a new machine.
Partition proposal is 2GB for swap, with 16GB RAM.
Following that proposal hibernation should never work.
Is RAM =Swap size still a valid assumption?
Viele Grüße
Axel

when i installed TW there was an option for setting swap equal to ram,
for just this reason. Maybe it's not there for all install
images/options? maybe it's just hiding from you?

The requirement is that swap be as large as the compressed contents of RAM. A
factor of 2 in the compression is a reasonable choice.

It's a bit complicated.

1. 50% RAM needs to be free to create the hibernation image, so first
evict enough anon pages to swap

Sorry, not true. I have often 10..15% of free ram and I hibernate fine.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.1 x86_64 at Telcontar)