Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20200220 released! - hanging update of an older system!
  • From: Ulf Bartholomäus <ub22@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 15:05:43 +0100
Hi Together,

yesterday I updated a system which I not use so often.
During the update on the GUI (via Plasma SW-update), this hangs / crashes with
50% progress.

Also at manual start of zypper and yast -i they crashed!

OK, aware the /etc/nsswitch.conf I do at first the "rpmconfigcheck".

cp /etc/nsswitch.conf.rpmnew /etc/nsswitch.conf
solve the problem - but how a normal user should know it?

Please due in case of mandatory changes - the changes in the file directly and
copy the original one to *.rpmsave - this is the better way from my point of
view.

Thanks
Ulf