Re: [opensuse-factory] NIS-Server Trouble - search 20200128 image
Am 15.02.20 um 11:53 schrieb Ulf Bartholomäus:

Only to give the background of the installation, so I'm not sure if NIS is
still the best/required solution.

NIS probably still is the simplest (setup-wise) solution for your
problem, but I have to agree with Thorsten: I doubt you need services
distributed by NIS.
For most setups, user/password and automounter maps distribution is more
than enough.

Thorsten: is it intended to make ypserv also use the new layout with
/etc/ complimenting /usr/etc? Or is there already a way to have the
Makefile combine both sources?
--
Stefan Seyfried