Re: [opensuse-factory] NIS-Server Trouble - search 20200128 image
  • From: Ulf Bartholomäus <ub22@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 11:53:12 +0100
Hi,

Am Samstag, 15. Februar 2020, 10:48:49 CET schrieb Thorsten Kukuk:
On Sat, Feb 15, Ulf Bartholomäus wrote:
Edit the Makefile: do you really need services via NIS? If no, remove it
from the all: line.
If yes, adjust the path to the services file.

I forgot: of course call "make".

you mean:

cd /var/yp
rm Makefile
cp /usr/lib/yp/ypMakefile Makefile
make

The behaivior is, that in the moment I've some clients with changing
users.
And they are mounting the /home via NFS. So it is required to sync the
user
settings also with this clients. Im not sure if this can also be done via
LDAP service.

???

Sorry, don't understand what your answer has to do with my instruction
to setup the NIS database on your NIS server yourself without YaST.

You ask/advice me:
Edit the Makefile: do you really need services via NIS? If no, remove it
from the all: line.
If yes, adjust the path to the services file.

Only to give the background of the installation, so I'm not sure if NIS is
still the best/required solution.

Regards
Ulf