[opensuse-factory] Re: 20200209 & 20200211
  • From: Chuck Davis <cjgunzel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 06:11:21 -0800
I applied 20200209 and lost my sound so as soon as I could I applied
20200211 this a.m.

Unfortunately, still no sound.

When I go into sound configuration in YaST it sees my hardware but
when I select one and hit the edit button I get a message there are no
options for that card. I have 2 cards -- one on the motherboard and
one on my HDMI card. Neither of them has any options available.

In the KDE configuration I can see both cards. KDE shows several
options for the motherboard card which works if I plug speakers
directly into the motherboard. But....

I have a KVM switch to share keyboard, monitor, mouse and sound
between two desktops. The KVM is HDMI based and carries the sound on
the integrated cable. The video, mouse and keyboard all work
flawlessly but there is no sound.

Does anybody have an idea what I can do to get sound back?

Thanks in advance.