Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed 20200201 move of services file from /etc/services to /usr/etc/services
On Tue, 2020-02-04 at 13:12 +0000, Roger Whittaker wrote:
I know what is happening here in theory, but not all installed
programs do. For example fetchmail stopped working after this update
until I added a symlink to the old location.

Is there a "proper" way to handle this apart from what I did?

Check your /etc/nsswitch.conf - do you happen to have a .rpmnew
lingering around there with a diff? Generally, those service file moves
are handled by libnss_usrfiles (make sure you have libnss_usrfiles2
instaled - but this should be a required by patterns already)

in your /etc/nsswitch.conf, make sure you have

services: files usrfiles
protocols: files usrfiles
ethers: files usrfiles

(that's the three files moved in this snapshot)

Cheers,
Dominique