Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Minimal processor features for Tumbleweed on i586?
On Thursday 2020-01-30 12:35, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:

In the past, I remember that i586 binaries must not use SSE
extensions. I am not sure about i686 thought. If nothing changed since
that ancient times, then it should be considered as a packaging bug.

Instruction-wise, i686 is mostly about CMOV (and maybe FXSAVE).
SSE is not mandatory. SSE2 isn't either - as exemplified by the Athlon
XP and the Pentium3.