Re: [opensuse-factory] Minimal processor features for Tumbleweed on i586?
On Thursday 2020-01-30 12:13, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 7:50 AM Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

It's the usual crap that programs make use of sse2
without checking cpuid AT DAMN RUNTIME.

And it clearly shows nobody uses TW in old hardware

That is bullcrap. I do use TW on two items of i586-class hardware.
Not very often, but still. It's just that... webkit is not used by
anything I care about (xfce4). According to .spec files:

atril balsa bijiben bookworm capnet-assist devhelp eclipse
emacs empathy eolie epiphany evolution-data-server evolution
geary gitg glade gnome-books gnome-boxes gnome-builder
gnome-documents gnome-online-accounts gnucash gthumb libgepub
meteo midori nemo-extensions notes-up pix python-wxPython
quilter remmina shotwell sushi vimb vocal webkit2gtk3
wxGTK3-3_2 xiphos xreader yelp zenity

So mostly a GNOME thing. zenity is sometimes pulled in. For example:

clamtk live-fat-stick marco metacity muffin mutter
opengl-games-utils openrct2 patterns-gnome patterns-mate
python-dialite shellementary wqy-zenhei-fonts
xfce4-panel[subpkg]

So yeah, as a xfce4 user, you don't really get to deal with webkit2gtk.