[opensuse-factory] Re: Black screen when trying a RDP access to Windows 10 using Vinagre (Leap 15.1/15.2 and Tumbleweed)
On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 2:02 PM Linux Kamarada <linuxkamarada@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, everyone!

I'm testing remote access to a Windows 10 host using RDP on openSUSE.
Vinagre logs in, but shows a black screen on all openSUSE versions
(Leap 15.1/15.2 and Tumbleweed).

Vinagre + RDP work on Debian Buster 10.2.0, I tested using their live
media, available on:

https://www.debian.org/CD/live/

On Debian Buster 10.2.0:

FreeRDP = 2.0.0~git20190204.1.2693389a+dfsg1-1
https://packages.debian.org/buster/libfreerdp2-2

Vinagre = 3.22.0-6
https://packages.debian.org/buster/vinagre

On openSUSE Leap 15.1:

FreeRDP = 2.0.0~rc4
https://software.opensuse.org/package/libfreerdp2

Vinagre = 3.22.0
https://software.opensuse.org/package/vinagre

Versions are close. Maybe it's a Vinagre and/or FreeRDP issue that
openSUSE can work around. I believe it's a FreeRDP issue, because it's
still release candidate, but it's just a guess...

Perhaps someone with the necessary knowledge (and time, resources,
permission, etc) could check the differences between them and create a
patch for Leap 15.1?

Actually, I tried to package the same version of FreeRDP that Debian
uses (commit 2693389a), but the symptom (black screen) was the same:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:kamarada:15.1:dev/freerdp

Thanks!

Antonio
The Linux Kamarada Project