Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap in new Hands
On Tue, 2020-01-28 at 10:08 +0100, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
On 1/27/20 7:30 PM, Lubos Kocman wrote:
[...]

Since we're talking about vacations, my official vacation backup is
Gustavo Y. Ribeiro. He's been already part of the openSUSE release
team
for a while. We all need to make sure that Max can take a vacation
as
well :-)

Good point. Release managers come and go (thanks Ludwig, welcome
Lubos),
but Max continues being that engine that works under the hood, out of
any spotlight, to keep Tumbleweed and Leap moving. And we don't say
thanks to him as often as he deserves.

Absolutely, Max is an essential Leap's swiss army knive and we're super
happy to have him!

I'm actually quite happy that openSUSE Release Manager role has a quite
a tradition and stability. The equivalent position of Fedora always
felt more like a hot chair.

I feel that the role itself was not really well understood, which could
have been part of the problem. I'll need to make sure that my
priorities and duties (aka what can I do for the project) are
transparent and well understood by the openSUSE project members.

I had a chance to talk to Ben Cotton (new Program manager for Fedora)
last weekend and he seems finally like somebody who actually chose the
Role, rather tha was pushed to it.

Otherwise I know the story also from the Max's side where I've been
working for years on a product-line where I've seen at least 5
different program-managers. But I guess that's just life.

Thanks Max, thanks all.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa