[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2020/04
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

During week #4, we have released five snapshots. And this, despite
having discarded two snapshots for QA issues. openQA saved our users
from crashing chromium inside a KDE/Wayland session for example. The
five snapshots released were 0116, 0117, 0118, 0121 and 0122.

The releases contained these updates:

* Mesa 19.3.2
* systemd 244
* Dracut 049+git118: the purge-kernels-service has been removed in
favor of being in a separate package, based on zypper commands. That
service is as of now not yet auto-enabled though (the zypper call
negatively interacts with the PackageKit notification applets, fixes
are being prepared)
* Linux kernel 5.4.12 & 5.4.13
* Qt 5.14.0
* Poppler 0.84.0

This was quite a bit of what was reported last week as being in the
works. Staging/integration tests are curretnly busy with these changes:

* Python 3.8
* Removal of python 2
* gettext 0.20.1
* libcap 2.30: breaks fakeroot and drpm
* GNU make 4.3: has some major incompatibilities. Observe fallouts at
in Staging:O [0]
* KDE Plasma 5.18 (currently beta being tested)
* Linux kernel 5.4.14+
* netcfg moves a few files from /etc to /usr/etc (services,.
protocols): currently, AppArmor is blocking access to those files, so
we need some changes there

Cheers,
Dominique

[0]