Re: [opensuse-factory] password for enrolling the new kernel key (was: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20200108 released!)
Am 10.01.20 um 19:01 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:

Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.

Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&version=Tumbleweed&build=20200108

Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug
on bugzilla.opensuse.org. For more information on filing bugs please
see https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports

Packages changed:
bcm43xx-firmware
gssdp (1.2.1 -> 1.2.2)
gupnp (1.2.1 -> 1.2.2)
kernel-firmware (20191118 -> 20191220)
kernel-source (5.3.12 -> 5.4.7)
libmysofa (0.7 -> 0.9.1)
libqmi
python-pysmbc (1.0.16 -> 1.0.18)
v4l2loopback (0.12.3_k5.3.12_2 -> 0.12.3_k5.4.7_1)

Just a hint for other users:

After installing the update I rebooted my machine.
It booted into a menu/tool (MokManager) to enroll the new kernel signing
key. In that process it asked for a password. Because I didn't knew
which one, I skipped enrolling the key and continued booting without.
It worked. In the meantime I've read in the openSUSE forums, that the
password in question was the root password.

Hendrik