Re: [opensuse-factory] Some new Plasma desktop features
  • From: Mykola Krachkovsky <w01dnick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 14:12:19 +0300
- New "Full Wayland" session option for Plasma

If you use the "Plasma (Wayland)" option to start the session, many
applications are talking over X11 to Xwayland instead of to the Wayland
compositor directly. While this works around bugs and missing features, it
also means that some advantages of Wayland are not accessible.
By simply selecting "Plasma (Full Wayland)", GTK and Qt applications use
their native Wayland backends.

So if I'm already have ~/.config/plasma-workspace/env/wayland.sh with:
```
if [ "x$XDG_SESSION_TYPE" = "xwayland" ]; then
export QT_QPA_PLATFORM='wayland'
fi
```
this wouldn't make any difference, or would it?

But for wayland still have no features - no selection buffer, button menu in
window title bar wasn't working correctly, so still using X. I'll check it
again, maybe now it's better, though selection buffer wasn't implemented due
to security reasons, so I'm unsure it would be there.

--
Kind regards,
Mykola Krachkovsky