Re: [opensuse-factory] Default browser: chromium?

On 9/20/19 4:06 PM, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
On 9/19/19 12:54 PM, Tomas Chvatal wrote:
No really I was now watching the people rightfully complaining I've
sent a borked chromium to latest TW snapshot and was wondering how
popular the browsers are and whether we should not set the chromium
instead of firefox as default or to keep them both on the dvd tested...

I'm not sure I understand the term "default" browser, and  why we need a
"this or that" discussion.

Because to keep those who prefer systems with as few packages as possible happy we currently install one or the other by default, presently you will get firefox on a desktop system unless you choose chromium during the install process then you will get that. The question here is should we reverse that and install chromium unless a user wants firefox. Users can of course continue to choose to have both installed.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30