Re: [opensuse-factory] Default browser: chromium?

On 9/20/19 5:55 AM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Thursday 2019-09-19 19:58, Christian Boltz wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 19. September 2019, 17:58:52 CEST schrieb Carlos E. R.:
Er... why not use <https://connect.opensuse.org/pg/polls/all>?
The platform is working.

For various degrees of "working" ;-)
connect.o.o polls caused quite some fun[tm] and delays on board
elections some years ago by, for example, showing candidates twice and
hiding others [1]. If we run the poll on connect.o.o, I wouldn't be
surprised if w3m wins ;-)

That's the reason why we switched to Helios to run the elections - but
for the browser poll, Helios would be overkill and too difficult to use
(you need to invite everybody to be able to vote)

So the tooling sucks. Best I can remember, that never stopped openSUSE
though, it only got better. zypp, OBS, OpenQA, ... maybe a votemanager is
coming next? ;)

A membership list manager would be a more useful starting point

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30