Re: [opensuse-factory] Default browser: chromium?
Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 19. September 2019, 17:58:52 CEST schrieb Carlos E. R.:
Er... why not use <https://connect.opensuse.org/pg/polls/all>?
The platform is working.

For various degrees of "working" ;-)
connect.o.o polls caused quite some fun[tm] and delays on board
elections some years ago by, for example, showing candidates twice and
hiding others [1]. If we run the poll on connect.o.o, I wouldn't be
surprised if w3m wins ;-)

That's the reason why we switched to Helios to run the elections - but
for the browser poll, Helios would be overkill and too difficult to use
(you need to invite everybody to be able to vote)

Therefore, a poll on forums.opensuse.org might be an option, or using a
privacy-friendly doodle replacement like
https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] I'm not sure if someone ever found out why this happened (or even
fixed it) - but IIRC it broke randomly, was therefore hard to debug,
and is probably still broken

--
<sarnold> the \0-based variants might screw up memcmp-based label
comparisons