Re: [opensuse-factory] Default browser: chromium?
Am 19.09.19 um 13:14 schrieb Holger Sickenberg:
Hi,

On 19.09.19 12:54, Tomas Chvatal wrote:
[...] lets all vote in a poll [...]

Sorry, but one question: Is this really the way to go?

You don't like things, then start a vote (on some commercial external
system), write an email to some mailing list and if - let's say 40 -
people gave their vote, things need to change?

I'm not going to support this way.

Tomas' mail was a little provactive, but still the latest glitch
showed that chromium is not just yet another package. But before
we take the extra effort to compile and test it in every staging
project, I consider it fair to measure the impact.

And +1 on mailing lists are a little noisy - so to me the question
is not 'what is your default browser' but rather 'are you impacted
by chromium being broken in TW snapshots'. And I don't think Firefox
as default will go away - for political reasons already mentioned
by others.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and
don't get so worked up about things.