Re: [opensuse-factory] Default browser: chromium?
John Paul Adrian Glaubitz píše v Čt 19. 09. 2019 v 11:01 +0000:
Hi!

On 9/19/19 12:54 PM, Tomas Chvatal wrote:
Let the flamewar begin!

No really I was now watching the people rightfully complaining I've
sent a borked chromium to latest TW snapshot and was wondering how
popular the browsers are and whether we should not set the chromium
instead of firefox as default or to keep them both on the dvd
tested...

I prefer Firefox for the very simple reason that Mozilla is easier to
work with
as an upstream than Google. Google is extremely difficult and
basically if you
fix a bug that doesn't concern anything they are using, they simply
don't care.

"What does this fix? Big-endian targets? Don't care, go away!"

or they reinvent with things like "GN" where you need to download a
complete
x86_64 chroot to even build it which is, of course, not portable at
all.

Chromium might be open source, but it's Google's own project and not
a community
project.

Yea I don't honestly expect us to switch the default unless the poll
fails really abysmally for the Firefox.

But still it will allow me to figure out how much of the userbase is
using the chromium and how much eye we should keep on it and how to
test it.

On current Tumbleweed with the pattern changes you can uninstall
Firefox and keep just chromium, which is not the case for anything
older (Thank you Simotek).

Maybe I should poke people @SUSE too so we get votes from employees
too.

Cheers