[opensuse-factory] Moving Firefox to a faster 4-week release cycle - can we get a different name for the ESR release, please?
Hi there,

with Mozilla jumping the gun:

<https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2019/09/17/moving-firefox-to-a-faster-4-week-release-cycle/>

_I_ really doubt this will be working out well. Trouble is, we cannot
decide on a package _name_ basis, which one to install. Currently we
have (according to
<https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64/>):

- MozillaFirefox-68.1.0-7.1.x86_64.rpm (which is *ESR*)
- MozillaFirefox-69.0-6.1.x86_64.rpm (which is *not* _ESR_)

According to rpm's versioning idea, it would up(date,grade) an ESR
installation to a _non_ ESR installation. While this might not be a
burning issue with Tumbleweed (as there is _no_ ESR for Tumbleweed due
to the identical package name topic), and also since there is no official
ESR version for Tumbleweed at all, considering Tumbleweed for a
distribution aimed to be usable on a daily basis, MozillaFirefox should
remain stable - which I honestly doubt for a "4 week release cycle",
and this is why I post this e-mail here.

@Wolfgang: what do you think about this upcoming challenge?

TIA, cheers.

l8er
manfred