Re: [opensuse-factory] TW 20190907: Firefox ESR?
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <pit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 12:15:43 +0100
Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:

Firefox ESR is the name for a longer maintained Firefox version. The
last few branches of ESR were 52, 60 and now 68.

Ah, my bad. I had somehow related it to that NPAPI thing...

The current state in Tumbleweed is just given the fact that last week
there were too many parallel releases (60.9.0, 68.1, 69) for me to
prepare in time (during my vacation).

:o
Many thanks for your work BTW.

The last Firefox ESR branch supporting NPAPI fully for arbitrary plugins
was version 52.

...at least that one I remembered correctly :P

There is no way to bring it back in more recent versions no matter if
ESR or regular.

I've locked version 52 for now. But I guess I better look at the VM solution
Martin suggested, before it doesn't run at all here anymore....

Thanks