Re: [opensuse-factory] Problems reading Video DVDs
Hi Berthold,

On Wed, 04 Sep 2019, 16:51:42 +0200, Berthold Höllmann wrote:
Hi,

For a few month now my OpenSUSE Tumbleweed system (last checked on
20190902) has more and more problems reading Video DVDs. For some time I
was able to read the first layer of a double layer DVD, and I blamed and
changed my DVD drive (twice). But now I am able to read only about 1GB
from the the disk. Out of desperation I even set the region code for my
drive, which I did not do for 12 years. libdvdcss2 is able to determine
the first two keys for a given disk only.

Is this a problem for me only, or could there be changes in libraries or
kernel leading to this problem?

I followed this thread for some time, but I haven't seen an answer to
this yet:

Did this particular DVD work for you at _any_ time?

I own some DVDs (mostly Disney crap) which are really difficult to work
with...

Kind regards
Berthold

HTH, cheers.