Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Problems reading Video DVDs

Am 04.09.19 um 18:17 schrieb Berthold Höllmann:
Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Op woensdag 4 september 2019 16:51:42 CEST schreef Berthold Höl lmann:
Hi,

For a few month now my OpenSUSE Tumbleweed system (last checked on
20190902) has more and more problems reading Video DVDs. For some time I
was able to read the first layer of a double layer DVD, and I blamed and
changed my DVD drive (twice). But now I am able to read only about 1GB
from the the disk. Out of desperation I even set the region code for my
drive, which I did not do for 12 years. libdvdcss2 is able to determine
the first two keys for a given disk only.

Is this a problem for me only, or could there be changes in libraries or
kernel leading to this problem?

Kind regards
Berthold
DId you also replace the ( sata ) cable, the connectors on the motherboard.
Some years ago something like this took me a couple of days to find out the
sata connector was the culprit. All drives worked normally on another
connector ( 1st one already dumped ... ).

I did replace the cable now, but that did not fix the problem. I guess
it has to do with libdvdread4 or libdvdcss2, I can burn DVD+RW and
successfully read the burned data with the same drive.

Have you enabled packman repo and all what packman provide
and you have already installed, used from packman?

simoN

--
www.becherer.de