Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Dependencies of python3-qt5-devel, hplip build failures for ppc64 and armv7l
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 12:39:22 +0200
On 2019-09-02 20:30:07 +0000, Martin Wilck wrote:
On Mon, 2019-09-02 at 14:19 +0000, Brüns, Stefan wrote:
On Montag, 2. September 2019 14:50:34 CEST Simon Lees wrote:
On
I guess you could make the argument that the primary use case for
-devel
packages could be to allow developers / users to write new
applications
using the library / toolkit etc and as such atleast recommending
the
development documentation makes sense. But I agree that a
definition
that leads to smaller build environments makes more sense. Although
as a
passing thought I wonder how much would fail / break, if we setup
obs to
ignore Recommends when setting up build roots. There are probably
some
evil autotools scripts out there doing autodetection that will
silently
drop features just because a header is no longer present. So I
guess if
someone did want to test it they'd have to do it in a separate
staging
with reproducible build checking enabled.

The -devel package still recommends libqt5-qttools and libqt5-
qttools-doc, but
the OBS already ignores Recommends for building.

Simotek says recommends are honoured, you say they're ignored ... I'm
confused.

It depends on the project config. By default, recommends are ignored.
Recommends are considered if you add "Expandflags: dorecommends" to
your project config (osc meta -e prjconf <project>).

Marcus