Re: [opensuse-factory] Network problems (wired) after update to Tumbleweed snapshot 20190828
On 8/30/19 8:41 AM, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

Just upgraded to this version, now my wired network is gone, and I have
absolutely no clue what to look for :((

NetworkManager tries to connect, fires up dhclient as always - and then runs
into the 45s timeout, and I get a popup 'IP config unavailable'.

But checking on the server I see the discover, and that the offer gets sent
out. Just to receive another discover. After some 10 discovers I finally see
a request, answerded by a PACK - and get the next request.
By then timeout kicks in, and I get the next discover loop...

I checked with yast/snapper diff, but didn't see config files changed.
I rebooted to the previous snapshot - and get the SAME problem.

So has something messed up the user config part of NM?

At least the wireless config works, though I have to sit in the corridor to
get connection.

Has anyone seen similar problems and/or a hint where to look?

I also had this issue this morning when booting to the 20190828 snapshot. I solved this by shutting down the OS and removing the power cord for about 15 seconds.

HTH
--
Ken Schneider