Re: [opensuse-factory] *NO* Network problems (wired) after update to Tumbleweed snapshot 20190828 [SOLVED]
On Friday, 30 August 2019 22:35:26 ACST Peter Suetterlin wrote:
Gah.
Seems that was a bad connection to the docking station.
For writing the mail in the corridor I had taken it out, and placing it back
network came up as always. (Yes, I *had* pressed it down before, just not
completely taken out and reconnected)

Can a network connection be unidirectional? I mean, the kernel saw a link,
and the requests were sent, just the reply didn't arrive.

So sorry for the noise :((

Yes, a network link can be unidirectional, for numerous reasons, which is why
some network infrastructure includes UDLD ("unidirectional link detection")
that puts the interface into an err-disable state (and usually signals any
associated dynamic routing protocol that the interface is unusable) until the
fault is resolved.