Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20190822 released!
* Philippe Conde <conde.philippe@xxxxxxxxx> [08-24-19 08:04]:
hi,

the old my.cnf.contained more lines
socket     = /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock  ==> in my.cnf;rpmnew it is a comment
without initial /var

Next 3 lines are missing in my.cnf.rpmnew (maybe these are the culprit
refers to an old version?)
innodb_file_format=Barracuda
innodb_file_per_table=ON
version=10.2.24-MariaDB

One more line found in my;cnf.rpmnew: "secure_file_priv =
/var/lib/mysql-files"

Patrick Shanahan a écrit :
* Philippe Conde <conde.philippe@xxxxxxxxx> [08-24-19 03:47]:
Hello,

After zypper dup mariadb cannot be started. Replacing old "/etc/cnf" by
"/etc/my.cnf.rpmnew" solves the problem.
Regards
I ran
akonadictl restart
then
systemctl restart mysql
and cleared the running processes using deleted files

didn't even suspect a new my.cnf, but looking now there is not one.

your <file>.rpmnew was probably caused by your usage of Barracuda which I
do not. otherwise the changes you see are present in my /etc/my.cnf

thanks for trimming