Re: [opensuse-factory] employ zypper to notify about .rpmnew (was: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20190822 released!)
Citeren Oleksii Vilchanskyi <oleksii.vilchanskyi@xxxxxxxxx>:

Obviously, nobody can remember to manually run a program to check for
.rpmnew every upgrade. Can zypper notify about this at the end
automatically? The only reference I found googling "zypper notify about
rpmnew" was [0] with a broken link to openFATE. Was it ever implemented?

[0]: <https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-features/2013-02/msg00022.html>

I also would have been useful to indicate the changes between the previous configuration file and the new one. Chances are there were local modifications that prevented mariadb from starting. In my case, all was well after running 'zypper dup'.