[opensuse-factory] VirtualBox on Leap 15.1 - VBoxClient not being called during boot/login
  • From: Linux Kamarada <linuxkamarada@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 08:49:26 -0400
Hi, everyone!

Last week I made a clean install of openSUSE Leap 15.1 into a VirtualBox VM.

I installed the Guest Additions (into the VM) using:

# zypper in virtualbox-guest-{tools,x11}

But, despite I have enabled the Bidirectional Shared Clipboard, it
does not work.

As a workaround, I`ve always been running the following after booting the VM:

# VBoxClient --vmsvga
# VBoxClient --clipboard

Maybe an update broke Guest Additions on Leap 15.1?

Possibly related:

[opensuse-factory] Kernel Modules not being built for VirtualBox
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2019-07/msg00374.html

Antonio
The Linux Kamarada Project
http://kamarada.github.io/