Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Leap 15.2 start of development

On 8/14/19 7:41 PM, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Hi,

After the release is before the release. So engines for 15.2 are on
already. It builds, passes openQA and even released the first iso
image to download.opensuse.orgĀ¹ last week.

As usual you can find the sources in openSUSE:Leap:15.2 in OBSĀ². The
project is in a very early stage so it's not much more than 15.1 +
updates yet.

15.2 again will be a service pack like update in the 15 series of
Leap. As such by default packages will *not* be updated to Factory
versions automatically and it's discouraged to drop packages.

The core packages will be inherited automatically from SLE15SP2
that also started development recently.
From what we know already we will get version updates for the
Kernel, GNOME and Qt from SLE.

Do we know if this will also likely see a newer version of meson? A couple of my upstream are now requiring 0.47 due to new features, re writing the build script without those features isn't a simple task and may not be possible. These packages using such features would be good candidates to go into 15.2.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30