Re: [opensuse-factory] DRACUT BFQ ERROR (was) New Tumbleweed snapshot 20190730 released!
On Fri, 02 Aug 2019, 16:24:10 +0200, Marco Calistri wrote:
Il 01/08/19 09:38, Marco Calistri ha scritto:
Il 31/07/19 11:04, Dominique Leuenberger ha scritto:

Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.

Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&version=Tumbleweed&build=20190730

Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug
on bugzilla.opensuse.org. For more information on filing bugs please
see https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports

Packages changed:
ImageMagick (7.0.8.53 -> 7.0.8.56)
Mesa (19.1.2 -> 19.1.3)
SNIP

Hello,

After completing the update (zypper ref && zypper dup) I noticed the
following error on console:

dracut: FAILED: /usr/lib/dracut/dracut-install -D
/var/tmp/dracut.AzXLCU/initramfs -N i2o_scsi --kerneldir
/lib/modules/5.2.3-1-default/ -m bfq_iosched

Would like to know if it is a known problem and if are there any solutions.

Thanks and regards,

Well, rebooting I get BFQ scheduler working again, so this is not a problem.

In the meanwhile I noticed the new scheduler KYBER and I would like if
someone could be so kind to point me on a very brief but specific URL
where is being explained which scheduler is better in terms of I/O, for
a mechanical disk (HDD).

I'm trying the three available schedulers "on-the-fly", noticing very
small differences at first glance:

1- echo "none"|sudo tee /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler
2- echo "mq-deadline"|sudo tee /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler
3- echo "kyber"|sudo tee /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler
4- echo "bfq"|sudo tee /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler

cat /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler
[none] mq-deadline kyber bfq

Please start here:

<https://lwn.net/Articles/720675/>