[opensuse-factory] LTO is enabled in Tumbleweed
Hello.

I'm happy to announce that latest ([1]) Tumbleweed release is a first
snapshot that uses LTO by default. The snapshot survived the full openQA
testing and I've been using the snapshot on both my machines. Users can
look forward to smaller and faster binaries. Right now, we've been collecting
statistics and we're planning to write a more detail blog post about the
benefits.

The enablement wouldn't be possible without a great effort of the people
who take of openSUSE:Factory. I thank them for the nice cooperation and
special thanks goes to DimStar who was very patient with me.

We are still expecting a fallout of the change and we'll try to fix
the potentially broken package quickly. Another unresolved topic are
reproducible
builds on which we are cooperating with Bernhard Wiedemann.

In order to make the announcement complete, users can expect Chromium package
using LTO
and a new Firefox release will newly utilize profile guided optimization (PGO).

Martin

[1] https://review.tumbleweed.boombatower.com/2019/07/03/release.html