[opensuse-factory] How to inform users of security settings (boo#713289)
Hi,

I got a bug report that image preview of eps files was not working in LyX (boo#713289). I closed this as WONTFIX, because those settings are there for a reason. What is frustrating for users is: how do they know this is the reason a preview is not working? I found out, because I know a little of the inner workings of LyX, with the help of Google and by looking through related packages in Yast. Can we not find a better way to inform users?

An idea to shoot on: when there were issues with plasma and the nouveau 3D driver, the user installing those drivers was informed that he took a risk. Can we use a similar way when a user for example installs ImageMagick: "for security reasons some settings are disabled in openSUSE, if you know what you are doing, you can do this and that to enable those options"?

As a user I would appreciate to be informed, especially about something like this, that I know nothing about.

Do you think this is a good idea? Or has someone a better one?

Thanks,

Cor