Re: [opensuse-factory] Running YaST-Control-Center without root

On śro, Apr 24, 2019 at 8:05 PM, Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx> wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 24. April 2019, 18:56:49 schrieb Knurpht-openSUSE:
My 2 cents: Please, NO !!!
One of the things I've always loved about openSUSE is the strict separation
between system and user. Entering YaST means the user is going to perform
system related tasks.

You'd still have to enter the root password though, just later when you call
any module from YaST Control Center.

Unless you manually override that in the polkit config of course. ;-)

or run `sudo -E yast --qt`

I'm even firmly against having no 'root' but just plain sudo and the user's
password.

Even "sudo" requires the *root* password in openSUSE's default config, as you
should know. ;-)

Although, installer's default is also to have root have the same password as
user, which makes me question security of that policy ;)

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world