Re: [opensuse-factory] LTO in openSUSE:Factory
On 4/23/19 4:23 PM, Jiri Slaby wrote:
On 23. 04. 19, 14:02, Martin Liška wrote:
Our goal is to extend the scope to as many packages as possible. We'll
achieve
that via a new RPM macro: _lto_cflags.

Wow. Is there a staging prj with that setting yet? So that we can start
fixing things...

I've got an almost working staging project:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/openSUSE:Factory:Staging:N
Note that I disabled LTO for about 140 packages in the project.

My plan is to first disable LTO for the packages that fail.
It would be very difficult task to migrate all packages to LTO first.
Then we can get LTO enabled in Factory and later
the problematic packages can be adopted to LTO. For some legacy stuff
it does not make much sense to spend an extra time with the porting.

Martin

thanks,