Re: [opensuse-factory] Friendly warning: Python 2 is going to be removed from Factory on 2020-01-02
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 22:22:28 +0200
Am Montag, 15. April 2019, 13:39:10 CEST schrieb Matej Cepl:
Hello,

this is just your periodic remainder (which could be expected for
the last 10+ years or so, so there shouldn't be any surprise)
that on the bright fresh chilly morning of 2020-01-02 we are
going to remove python2 package (that's Python 2.7.* interpreter)
from Factory.

You should really really make sure to check all your tools have
been already ported and tested on Python 3 right NOW.

Last time, I looked, the whole Openstack eco system was primary based on Py2.

Not that this is relevant for Factory that much, but highly relevant to the
SUSE cloud strategy, if I'm not mistaken...

https://www.suse.com/products/suse-openstack-cloud/

Pete